It is the mission of Chadwick R-1 Schools, in partnership with parents and community, to establish high standards of learning, high expectations for achievement, and guidance for success!
The Chadwick R-I School District employees envision that each student can:
- Value education and achievement,
- Become self sufficient,
- Have the skills necessary to be successful,
- Experience community and parent involvement,
- Strive to reach full potential,
- Be life long learners.
The Chadwick School community shares the following beliefs:
- Education is the shared responsibility of the school, student, family, community, and government.
- The school environment meets the emotional, academic, social, and physical needs of each student, fostering a sense of belonging and stimulating the student’s desire to explore and participate in activities in and beyond the classroom.
- Successful students are prepared to make career and higher education decisions at the appropriate time.
- A collaborative learning environment cultivates creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- The school sets high expectations and provides meaningful and challenging instruction, allowing all students to achieve their highest potential.
- The school community respects, protects, and celebrates the diversity, talent and the learning potential of each student.
- Education works best when there is mutual respect among teachers, parents, students, and the community.
Goals for Graduates
The Chadwick R-I School District promotes RESPONSIBILITY and expects its graduates to:
- take ownership of their own learning and advancement
- demonstrate a commitment to civic and environmental involvement
- honor and take pride in themselves, their campus, their community, their nation.
Chadwick R-I School District emphasizes INTEGRITY and expects its graduates to:
- conduct themselves honorably in the classroom, in the athletic arena, and in the community
- lead others through ethical example
- examine their choices and thereby improve their own character
Chadwick R-I School District inspires its students to EXCEL in all areas of development and expects all of its graduates to:
- pursue worthy academic goals
- grow as a scholar, athlete, artist, and person
- strive for improvement in all areas of development regardless of current achievement
Chadwick R-I School District honors the DISTINCTIONS that make each person unique and expects its graduates to:
- value diversity of all types
- strive to make themselves stand out positively in academic and co-curricular endeavors
- apply their unique strengths to problems to reach solutions
Chadwick R-I School District encourages students to find VALUE in themselves and in others and expects its graduates to:
- go beyond the classroom and apply their education to their lives
- make important contributions to the classroom, co-curricular arena, and community
- realize that new experiences and relationships can enrich their lives
Chadwick R-I School District instills students with a VISION and expects its graduates to:
- take initiative in pursuing noble post-secondary goals
- find ways to make their high school experience meaningful
- see the connections between different academic disciplines
Philosophy of Education
- We believe all students can learn.
- All students can be educated in a safe environment.
- Education is the responsibility of teachers, parents, administrators.
- School board members, students, and community.
- All students can live as responsible, respectful, and productive citizens in society.
National Education Goals
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better in reading and mathematics by 2013-2014.
- By 2013-2014, all students will be proficient in reading by the end of third grade.
- All limited English proficient students will become proficient in English.
- By 2005-2006, all students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conducive to learning.
- All students will graduate from high school.